[OpenSIPS-Users] How to discover if OpenSIPS is connected to Internet, from the script.

Adrian Fretwell adrian.fretwell at topgreen.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 09:27:57 CEST 2016

Johan,

If your internet connection is going up and down regularly, you may be
better off executing your test from a timer route:

timer_route[internet_check, 300] {
     # -----------------------------------------------------------------
     # Timer Route every 5 minutes
     # -----------------------------------------------------------------

    exec("/usr/local/bin/some_check _script");
}

There are many different ways to check if you have an internet
connection, the way you do it will depend on your environment and
application, but here is a very simple shell script as an example:

#!/bin/bash
ping -c 2 8.8.8.8 > /dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
echo "Internet Alive $(date)";