[OpenSIPS-Users] How to discover if OpenSIPS is connected to Internet, from the script.

Liviu Chircu liviu at opensips.org
Thu Aug 4 16:10:06 CEST 2016

Hi, Rodrigo!

That's quite a fun question. Off the top of my head, here are 3 possible
ways in which you can achieve this:

* relay over TCP: not sure if's relevant to your needs, but if you arm a
failure route and t_relay("0x02") out to the internet, you will be able
to properly tell if connectivity was down should you hit the failure route.

* ICMP test: you can do an exec("/bin/ping -w1 -c1 <ICMP-enabled public
IP>") and decide from the return code

* HTTP GET: you can use the rest_client module, attempt to fetch some
page, and decide from the return code. Be sure to set a proper TCP
connect timeout!

Best regards,

Liviu Chircu
OpenSIPS Developer