[OpenSIPS-Users] Measuring opensips performance

Ryan Mitchell rjm at tcl.net
Fri Sep 4 18:38:38 CEST 2015

The performance of OpenSIPs core processing is very fast, even on older
hardware, and will extremely likely not be your bottleneck.

But in almost every project, there are databases to interact with, and
business logic to implement, and there are a number of ways to cause
bottlenecks with bad setups (e.g. slow connected service causing OpenSIPs
processes to block).

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 11:32 AM, surya <chauhan.suryaveer at gmail.com> wrote:

> We want to gather some performance metrics of opensips presence server but
> not able to start.
>
> Actually, I have never done performance testing. We want to get some
> metrics
> like CPU and RAM usage for opensips presence server we are using.
>
> I know there are some profiling tools present and I have used one too.
> Valgrind. But, I do not understand ho to use them with this. Also, I see
> that profilers do provide information about the time consumed by certain
> code blocks but we just need overall resource usage.
>
> I know this is a general question but I have tried to find answers but to
> no
> help. I would really appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks

Ryan Mitchell <rjm at tcl.net>
Telecom Logic, LLC
+15035934551