[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS + Ekiga + Linphone: Could not send message: Forbidden

Alexander Shukaev opensips at Alexander.Shukaev.name
Sat Oct 31 18:14:54 CET 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm testing a new setup of OpenSIPS.  I have created two accounts in DB:
1234 and 5678.  I run both, Ekiga and Linphone, to test communication
between these two accounts.  So through Ekiga, I register 1234 and add
5678 to contacts, while through Linphone, I register 5678 and add 1234
to contacts.

There are two problems that I experience.  First of all, within Linphone
I can do both, IM and call from 5678 to 1234 (Ekiga), and in Ekiga I can
read those IMs and accept calls accordingly, while within Ekiga I can
neither IM nor call from 1234 to 5678 (Linphone) as for IMs I get
"NOTICE: Could not send message: Forbidden" (for calls I assume it's the
same error, though not shown).  I attach the corresponding Wireshark
log.  Secondly, even though I can IM from Linphone to Ekiga, the result
is strange.  In particular, each IM arrives twice to Ekiga.  In other
words, in Linphone I see the IM being typed once into chat, while in
Ekiga I get two notifications for each IM and that each IM appears two
times in the chat.

I'm new to OpenSIPS and VoIP in general, and I have no idea how to deal
with these quirks.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Alexander