[OpenSIPS-Users] hide to_tag from upstream provider

Jeff Pyle jeff.pyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Nov 30 15:46:49 CET 2015

The to_tag is going to appear for any message beyond the initial request.
Short answer, no, you can't hide the to_tag.  It's very important to the
SIP message.

Still, if you want to change the to_tag to something different, you could
use B2BUA-based topology hiding[1].  You will need a separate OpenSIPS
instance for this.

Dialog-based topology hiding[2] may obfuscate the to_tag as well.  From the
doc page it doesn't appear so.  I'll include it for completeness.

Why you want to hide the to_tag?

  [1] http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-B2BUA#toc12
  [2]
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/2.1.x/topology_hiding.html#id293540