[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS as a B2B with media behind NAT

Igor Olhovskiy igorolhovskiy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 15:35:03 CET 2015

Hi!

I'm trying to implement a solution like this.

WAN - Firewall(NAT) - OpenSIPS(w. rtpproxy (2.0)) - Freeswitch'es

Main idea.
Hide all internal network topology to make all endpoints to work like "on
single WAN address"

All endpoints are on FreeSwitch'es. On a Firewall there is port forwarding
to OpenSIPS (both SIP and media).
On which Freeswitch to forward request is decided based on domain name
information.
What I want from OpenSIPS.
1. Advertise like on external address (done)
2. Proxy REGISTER messages to Freeswitch (particial, works, but no topology
hiding)
3. Endpoints should work behind their own NAT (particial, with rtpproxy -A
flag)

So, the question is: is it possible to fully hide internal topology in this
case and not to do a big manual "total-packets rewrite" work? Cause now
it's all working, but while contacting endpoints I see internal IP
addresses in Via headers, contact headers, etc.... So, OpenSIPS should act
as a b2b, but fully behind NAT and have a proxy capabilities (for REGISTER,
SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY....)
Just point me on a right way to go ) Which modules to use is right? ) Or
may be to use some other ideas as well )

--
Best regards,
Igor