[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence server: Using domain name instead of IP address

surya chauhan.suryaveer at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:10:38 CET 2015

Hi All,

I am trying to use a domain name instead of IP address but not sure of the
proper way.

1st I changed the SIP_DOMAIN in the opensipctlrc file, but it doesn't seem
to have any effect.

Then, in opensips.cfg I replaced all IPs with domain.com and added an entry
in etc hosts. This seems to be working, but somehow I feel this is not the
proper way.

*sample:
/listen=udp:opensipstest.org:5060   # CUSTOMIZE ME/*

I'll appreciate if someone can tell the proper way to use a domain name in
the presence server.