[OpenSIPS-Users] CANCEL in t_relay() not forwarding user defined Headers

Gupta, Rahul Rahul.Gupta at ipc.com
Wed May 6 19:45:24 CEST 2015

I am using opensips as a proxy, when a CANCEL to an INVITE comes in, its processed as follows

        # CANCEL processing
        if (is_method("CANCEL"))
        {
                if (t_check_trans())
                        t_relay();
                exit;
        }

in t_relay() seems like its creating new transaction for CANCEL and forwarding to the destination. However its not copying user-defined Headers which comes as a part of CANCEL. Is there a way to forward the other Headers ?

I also tried using forward(). In this case, all the headers are getting forwarded, however, the branch in Via header is getting duplicated from the incoming VIA header which is causing issues with the endpoint.

Question 1) If I use t_realy() for CANCEL, then how do I forward user defined Headers ?
Question 2) If I use forward() for CANCEL, then how do I get the Via Header with proper branch as created in INVITE ?

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail.E-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient. If you are not comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to communicate with IPC. IPC reserves the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.