[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-perl-modules problem in Ubuntu 14.04

Jeff Pyle jeff.pyle at fidelityvoice.com
Fri Jun 26 22:45:27 CEST 2015

Hi Nabeel,

No, I hadn't, but I don't see it available:

# apt-cache policy libperl5.14
libperl5.14:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: (none)
  Version table:

The link you provided was for 12.04.  This is 14.04.  Is that relevant?

The main application for this system is not OpenSIPS.  If it were, and I
had full control, the OS would be Debian!  I'm afraid of installing old
libraries for fear of breaking other applications that may need the current
ones, and those applications aren't installed yet.  This OpenSIPS module
should work without a problem against the current version 5.18 library.  It
seems like a version detection problem, perhaps because of the "ubuntu"
string in the currently installed version?  I suppose I could force the
installation and hope for the best but I wanted to ask before I tried that
route.

- Jeff