[OpenSIPS-Users] TLS handshake failure: SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure:s23_clnt.c:770:

Nabeel nabeelshikder at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:38:37 CEST 2015

In the OpenSIPS documentation, I see the following:

*SSLv23* - means OpenSIPS will accept any of the above methods, but the
> initial SSL hello must be v2 (in the initial hello all the supported
> protocols are advertised enabling switching to a higher and more secure
> version). The initial v2 hello means it will not accept connections from
> SSLv3 or TLSv1 only clients.

It also says:

In fact, SSLv2 is disabled in the source code; to use it, you need to edit
> tls/tls_init.c

Could this be causing:

139769245963920:error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3
> alert handshake failure:s23_clnt.c:770:

?  Do I need to enable some SSL setting on my server? I'm using Ubuntu
server.