[OpenSIPS-Users] [opensips-cp] wrong opensips_fifo name

Markus Klaus Schäffauer markus at mkschaeffauer.de
Fri Jan 23 12:27:44 CET 2015

Hello,

in the control panel of opensips I get the following error message:

Array ( [0] => Cannot connect to OpenSIPS Server via Management
Interface (/tmp/opensips_proxy_fifo) )

This ist very strange, because I indicated in the
/usr/local/opensips/etc/opensips/opensips.cfg to use the following file:

/tmp/opensips_fifo

So I have no idea why it is missing an /tmp/opensips_proxy_fifo - if I
never declared to use any file of that name.

What might be wrong? I looked in any config-file in the
/var/www/opensips/ directory and in the /usr/local/opensips/ but found
no other mention of the proxy-filename in cuestion.

So I tried to put an file named /tmp/opensips_proxy_fifo and changed
(temporarily) the config to that file-name. The result was that the
control panel freezed when going to the dialog-menu. So I put everything
back to the /tmp/opensips_fifo and it worked again, but I also get the
same error message as before.

I also changed the owner of that proxy-file to www-data:www-data and I
changed the permissions to rw for everybody, but the error still continues.

What can I do to avoid that message?

I would appreciate to get some hints!

Thank you!

Regards,