[OpenSIPS-Users] Pike question about flood attack

John Nash john.nash778 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 09:49:14 CET 2015

As per documentation pike module can be implemented manual as well as
automatic. The way I understand it manual mode will not monitor (Not even
queue) packets for which "pike_check_req()" is not called and it gives
performance advantage as we can skip this call for trusted IPs.

First of all is my understanding correct? Or each request packet will be
queued but we will know if a source IP exceeds threshold only when we call
"pike_check_req()"?

Second thing is what about replies, is there any way to monitor in manual
mode?

I really like automatic mode but only am trying  to avoid it because I do
not want trusted sources to be monitored.