[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips + RtpProxy: media stream timed out while starting

Semen Golubcov thegolub4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 19:27:22 CET 2015

Hello! I'm using the latest opensips with latest rtpproxy :

Basic version: 20040107
Extension 20050322: Support for multiple RTP streams and MOH
Extension 20060704: Support for extra parameter in the V command
Extension 20071116: Support for RTP re-packetization
Extension 20071218: Support for forking (copying) RTP stream
Extension 20080403: Support for RTP statistics querying
Extension 20081102: Support for setting codecs in the update/lookup command
Extension 20081224: Support for session timeout notifications
Extension 20090810: Support for automatic bridging

i did setup the secure tls connection between clients in the opensips, it
uses the client certificate verification. But the interaction with rtpproxy
is getting messed up somehow. I'm using the blink softphone to test on. So
i have 2 accounts: bob and alex. When i do *call* *bob* *from* *alex* i get
this kind of behaviour in the *bob's softphone*:

​So it hangs on "starting media", but in the same time the actual
connection is established, me and my partner can hear each other and we can
talk perfectly, so i assume the actual stream is allright. It hangs for
exactly 15 seconds then we get:

​

*"media stream timed out while starting" in the bob's softphone*.

*On the alex softphone side*:

​

 "call ended by remote".

The icon indicating that rtp stream is encrypted is not shown on bob's
side, but the stream is working. I tried to disable tls, and use plain tcp,
and it's working fine without tls, call is not getting stuck and
automatically terminate.

My rtpproxy is running like so:

rtpproxy -u rtpproxy -s udp:localhost:12221

And my opensips config is generated by osipconfig utility (i didn't modify
the routes at all)  see attached opensips.cfg

I looked up the syslog for rtpproxy entries, apparently there is no entries
from rtpproxy or opensips with any error, other than

Feb 13 04:00:24 user /usr/local/sbin/opensips[17535]:
ERROR:rtpproxy:force_rtp_proxy: Unable to parse body

Feb 13 04:00:22 user /usr/local/sbin/opensips[17535]: DBG:tm:matching_3261:
RFC3261 transaction matching failed
I hope someone can help me to solve this problem, i'am hanging on this for
a week. If necessary i can post the syslog and blink softphone sip traces,
of our test conversation. Maybe the problem is with ACK?