[OpenSIPS-Users] Minimal example of NAT traversing. How could it be done? No need for MediaProxy at first glance.

Rodrigo Pimenta Carvalho pimenta at inatel.br
Mon Aug 3 23:00:44 CEST 2015

Dear OpenSIPS-users,

I'm studying about NAT traversal with OpenSIPS, since last week. I also have found the documentation about the software MediaProxy (in http://mediaproxy.ag-projects.com/).

As long as I'm still getting 'kind of first steps' knowledge base about NAT traversal, I'm not interested, at least for a while, in MediaProxy software functionalities.

By the way, as a first contact with the NAT traversal mechanism, I just would like to let the INVITE from a caller reaches the callee, with caller behind a NAT. For this purpose I have 2 questions:

a) Am I free of using a kind of mediaproxy software, whether I want to build a prototype schema that will just creates and sends an simple INVITE, from caller behind a NAT, to a callee? That is, if I want just to run a simple test of NAT traversal, I don't have to worry about mediaproxies, have I?

b) How could be an example of a simplest script code for that, considering that there is only one proxy for all peers and all of it is registered in such proxy using the same domain?

Any hint will be very helpful!!

Thanks a lot.

RODRIGO PIMENTA CARVALHO
Inatel Competence Center