[OpenSIPS-Users] Questions about initial setup

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Thu May 15 11:11:04 CEST 2014

Normally this means that you haven't actually done anything with the call,
but you are t_relaying it out.

In other words, the RURI was destined for your opensips box.. That's how it
got there.. it hit opensips, then you sent it back out.. But you never
adjusted the RURI to point to the next hop by either changing the request
user part or domain part. So it sends it back to itself (loopback) until
Max-Forwards expires and returns the 483.

If you remove the 483 check, you get a massive loop on the loopback
interface until you start to kill server resources, which gave you the 408.

Be sure you are actually doing some change to the message before you send
it back out. Try to xlog the r-uri before you t_relay() like this:

xlog("L_INFO","Sending call out to $ru");

If you watch sip traffic on your loopback interface, you'll see what all
the madness is about.. I don't really recommend it, since it very quickly
will consume your terminal, but you'll at least understand what exactly is
happening..

Good luck!
-Brett