[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence: "xmlns" attributes inside <tuple> element not compliant to RFC3863

Martin Stock ml04 at reventix.de
Tue Mar 11 19:38:07 CET 2014

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

 >> With OpenSIPS 1.10 the namespace attributes are not defined inside
the <presence> element. Referring to RFC3863, Section 4.1.1
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3863#page-5) IMHO this is not intended.

 > I'm not sure what you mean. What attributes are not defined?

In the RFC the xmlns attribute is only described for the <presence> element.

 >> I don't find any UA that works with this <presence> element.
 >>

 > Any client based on SIP SIMPLE Client SDK (such as Blink) works with
those documents.

Yeah, sorry, it's my fault. I only looked in my traces. Now, I have
visually confirmed (e.g: Jitsi) that the user has changed his status.

I never saw before, that a client/server wrote his namespaces in the
<tuple> element.

 >> Is this a bug or are there options to tweak this?
 >>

 > What do you need to tweak? (the encoding bug aside)

We have a lot of soft clients in use, that are not capable to handle
presence elements with this structure. E.g. the Ninja or Juggler soft
client are not working and those are not based on the SIP SIMPLE SDK.

Is it possible to tweak the structure of the <presence> element in
OpenSIPS 1.10?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Martin