[OpenSIPS-Users] Distributed deployment

Tito Cumpen tito at xsvoce.com
Tue Jun 24 04:54:01 CEST 2014

Hello group,

I am reaching out to you because I am hitting a roadblock in designing a
distributed deployment. Currently I am entertaining the idea of  using DNS
srv for the sake of load balancing and availability. The main problem is
sharing aors among the proxies. My requirement is to allow proxies to fork
requests to remote proxies in which a user could be registered to in
addition to the local server. The binary replication component will not
suffice because it is tailored to virtual ip. I've noticed that opensips
has a recursive timer that runs at every second to verify which
registration expires with the intent of removing it. Assuming a shared
mysql instance is the only option each proxy will be querying mysql which
seems like a ton of activity. Can anyone advise what the best practice for
scaling would be?

Thanks,
Tito