[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy bug with offer answer in different transaction

Eric Tamme eric.tamme at onsip.com
Wed Jun 11 16:53:47 CEST 2014

Hi Saúl, and others,

We have discovered a bug in mediaproxy where it does not recognize an
answer that is part of a different transaction, this is caused by how
mediaproxy tracks offer/answer based on cseq.  Here is the example offer
answer scenario from RFC3262 that does not work.

UAC  INVITE Cseq: 1 (no SDP offer) ->

<- 183 with SDP offer

PRACK CSeq: 2, Rseq: 1  with SDP answer->

Because the PRACK is a different transaction, and has a different CSeq
than the offer, mediaproxy assumes it is a new offer, rather than an answer.

Can you offer any thoughts on what might be the best way to fix this
issue?  We are happy to work on a patch as well - but would like to have
input from the maintainers so that we can be sure it would be accepted
upstream.

Thanks,

-Eric