[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS 1.11.1 - TLS not compiling in / Using menuconfig tool

Gary Patton gpatton_public at outlook.com
Tue Jun 3 21:15:27 CEST 2014

Hello everyone!  Pretty new to Linux and OpenSIPS.  Trying to build OpenSIPS on a Debian 7.5 server.
Using documentation from the OpenSIPS site and GitHub site, i downloaded the source code for 1.11.1 as a gzip file and successfully un-tarred it to /usr/src/opensips-1.11.-tls.  I followed the 2012 OpenSIPS kick start video tutorial from the OpenSIPS.org web site and started the menuconfig tool to compile and install OpenSIPS.  Using menuconfig, I configured these flags (and some optional modules):

Then I used the arrow key to get back to the prior menu and saved the compile options changes:

I successfully installed all of the dependencies of the modules I selected and then directed menuconfig to compile and install 1.11.1:

I got no error messages during compilation/installation.  I checked the modules directory and saw (what I think) is the TLS module in the directory:

I followed the instructions in the 2012 kick start video for creating a residential config file and changing mpaths, MySQL info, use of TLS and other start options, etc., etc., in the config files, init files, etc.
I stopped opensips and then restarted it:

Then I looked at the syslog files as the presenter did at approx. 32:35 in the kick start video tutorial but, unlike the clean log in the video, my log file said that TLS support wasn't compiled in into my OpenSIPS executables:

Any ideas where I went wrong or how to fix things?  Any direction would be really appreciated.  Thanks!
Gary P.