[OpenSIPS-Users] strange behaviour, UAC needs to be rebooted

Miha miha at softnet.si
Thu Jun 5 13:15:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

we are experiancing strange thing on UAC's that are registered on
opensips (not all). After I while they just stop responding, call
reaches UAC, you can hear rinback tone but the UAC does not send this
call to heandset, also outside calls do not work. When you restart UAC
everything is back to normal, for 1 week, maybe 2 but than again UAC
must be restarted. This we are experiancing on cable modems and also on
gigaset ip phones.

Company that we are buying modems from, send as fw fix (they said that
the modem buffer is full and that is why this happens on modem).

Ok on first look this is not related with opensips but it is UAC thing,
yes i know that but interesting thing is that when we have this modems
on three other softswithes this did not happen for about 6 years (this
is how long we are having this modems).

If someone has experianced the same thing i have a clue what could be
wrong or could halp in this case please help me:)

p.s.: company send as non production fw, which has hallped on this issue
but still they are refusing to do official releas as some of this modem
are out of support (not supported any more).

tnx
miha