[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy relay oddness

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Wed Jul 23 14:38:55 CEST 2014

HI Saul,

The ports in use are 16384-32768.  That provides for ~8000 session, yes?
 We were nowhere near that many calls.  So, it's much more likely that
ports were not being released for some reason.

There is a limited amount of T.38 traffic through these relays.  The
majority of the T.38-speaking devices are Adtran TA900-series, which, in
general, behave quite well.  That's on our side.  On the partner side,
usually Sonus GSX 9000-series.  I bet it's the unusual client that is the
problem.

A SIP capture isn't practical here.  :(   I'll try to correlate the
exceptions with CDR records to determine if there is a particular trunk
group on my network that needs its attitude adjusted.

Until we can update the entire call flow (Opensips, Mediaproxy, all deps,
...), or find a definitive misbehaving client, I'll restart the relays on a
schedule.  If I am able to reproduce the exceptions I'll provide debug data.

- Jeff