[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS + MediaProxy: "dispatcher.socket" not being created

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Jul 23 10:06:42 CEST 2014

Hi Gary,

On 21 Jul 2014, at 11:36, Gary Patton <gpatton.public at outlook.com> wrote:

> Craig
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.  When I do a "ps ax | grep media-" on my OpenSIPS / MediaProxy dispatcher server, it shows that media-dispatcher is NOT running.  I thought that was because media-dispatcher process tried to start but aborted when it couldn't locate "dispatcher.sock" in /var/run/mediaproxy.
>
> Because my OpennSIPS config loads the mediaproxy.so module w/the "modparam("mediaproxy", "mediaproxy_socket", "var/run/mediaproxy/dispatcher.sock") set in the OpenSIPS config file, I thought OpenSIPS created the dispatcher.sock.  Or do I have it backwards - does MediaProxy's media-dispatcher process create dispatcher.sock?
>
> As for rights, I have to confess that I haven't paid attention to rights.  I followed instructions from the MediaProxy documentation on installing MediaProxy using the Debian respository.  The instructions didn't mention setting rights for MediaProxy processes.  I did install MediaProxy via a sudo user account. I also made sure that I copied all of the included MediaProxy certificates into the directory specified in the [TLS] section of MediaProxy's config.ini file.
>
> But I'm not sure which process creates "dispatcher.sock" so I don't know whether the rights are configured correctly.  When I do a "ls -l /var/run/mediaproxy/" i got
>
> drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 160 Jul 20 19:38 tls
>
> (I see I was sloppy and used "dispatcher.sock" and "dispatcher.socket" in my post.  I double-checked my OpenSIPS and MediaProxy config files and I did use "dispatcher.sock" in both.  Sorry about that.)

The media proxy module in OpenSIPS merely communicates with the dispatcher, and it does so through the “dispatcher.sock” Unix socket. That socket is created by the mediaproxy-dispatcher daemon, which, of course, needs to be running. Do you see any errors on syslog when you start mediaproxy-dispatcher? You can also try to start it in foreground, which will spit the output to standard output:

mediaproxy-dispatcher —no-fork

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects