[OpenSIPS-Users] create mediaproxy certificates

Edwin eahaselhoff at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 16:41:00 CEST 2014

Hi Adrian,

I came up with the following commands, which gives me a working set of
certificates. I only have to take al look how to create the crl.pem (is this
optional)

If you want you can add this lines to the Readme (after testing). If anyone
has tips / comment / additions please let me know.

# Create SSL certificate authority
openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 3650 -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout ca.key.pem -out
ca.pem -subj
"/C=NL/ST=NH/L=Amsterdam/O=DEMOTECH/CN=www.example.com/emailAddress=mail at example.com"

# Create private key
openssl genrsa -out dispatcher.key 2048
openssl genrsa -out relay.key 2048

# Create certificate request
openssl req -new -key dispatcher.key -out dispatcher.csr -subj
"/C=NL/ST=NH/L=Amsterdam/O=DEMOTECH/CN=www.example.com/emailAddress=mail at example.com"
openssl req -new -key relay.key -out relay.csr -subj
"/C=NL/ST=NH/L=Amsterdam/O=DEMOTECH/CN=www.example.com/emailAddress=mail at example.com"

# Sign request with CA
openssl x509 -req -days 3650 -in dispatcher.csr -CA ca.pem -CAkey ca.key.pem
-set_serial 01 -out dispatcher.crt
openssl x509 -req -days 3650 -in relay.csr -CA ca.pem -CAkey ca.key.pem
-set_serial 01 -out relay.crt

# Place (only) the ca.pem, dispatcher.crt, dispatcher.key, relay.crt,
relay.key files in de tls folder...

Cheers,

Edwin