[OpenSIPS-Users] Fwd: PRACK Interworking with OpenSIPs

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Jul 15 11:02:10 CEST 2014

Hi Giuseppe,

Before trying to fix it somewhere in the middle (in a proxy), let me say
this PRACK negotiation must be negotiated between the end-point. If one
of the end points does not support Prack, it should notify that. In your
case, the callee (sending 180 + required 180) must not request PRACK if
there was not such capability advertised by caller in INVITE (via the
Supported or Require header). Please see
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3262.txt page 4:

    The rest of this discussion assumes that the initial request
    contained a Supported or Require header field listing 100rel, and
    that there is a provisional response to be sent reliably.

So, the PRACK support must be advertised by caller in initial INVITE,
otherwise the callee must not use it. Could you check in your traffic if
this is the case?