[OpenSIPS-Users] dns srv question

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Feb 11 16:38:20 CET 2014

Hello,

OpenSIPS will automatically try NAPTR/SRV (of course, depending on the
URI form - like port must be unknown in order to go for SRV lookup).

If I got it right, your hackish DNS configuration may work - using the
same name for the SRV and for the A record - it should not be any
conflict at all - phones with SRV capabilities will go via SRV, the ones
without will do A lookup (in both cases on the same domain name).