[OpenSIPS-Users] dns srv question

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Feb 11 14:53:29 CET 2014

On 11 Feb 2014, at 14:47, Miha <miha at softnet.si> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Now I have one DNS SRV domain (sip.domain.com) which points to two A record inputs with different weight (sip1.sss.domain.com and sip2.sss.domain.com).
>
> If I add for sip.domain.com  A record which  will pont to the same IP as sip1.sss.domain.com, could this be causing any problems for opensips (there will be two A record two the same IP, one with the same name as dns srv record)?

If you have configured your proxy to look up SRV records, those A records for "sip.domain.com" will not be asked for when doing SRV lookups.

If your proxy is not configured for doing SRV lookups, then it will find the A records and use them. Debugging will be hard.

I would start with adding SRV records in DNS, test everything. When I have confirmed that it works with software that implements SRV properly, I would add the A records for the same domain.

/O