[OpenSIPS-Users] Limits for dialog profiling

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Fri Aug 22 10:58:20 CEST 2014

Hi, John!

The only limitation of the dialog profiles that I can think of is that
the counter cannot exceed the maximum value of unsigned int (4294967295).
Yes, dialog profiles can be used to count the number of active calls
with a specify "key" (as you require, the key can be a destination
number), even though there are thousands of concurrent calls.
The log_profile_hash_size is used to define the Hashtable size. The
larger the hashtable is, the fewer hash collisions you have. It does not
limit the number of profiles at all, it only affects the performance of
the hashtable. You can find more information here[1].

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_table

Best regards,

Răzvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Solutions