[OpenSIPS-Users] Dynamic Routing, Dispatcher and Dialplan partitions

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Wed Aug 6 14:23:47 CEST 2014

Hello all,

I am glad to announce you that we have deployed a new feature for the
Dynamic Routing, Dispatcher and Dialplan modules.

We often need a classification for our gateways, destinations or
translation rules to differentiate between inbound vs. outbound
directions or premium vs. low cost rates. Although groups or types could
facilitate this, what happens if we need a complete separation on
several levels, like outbound premium services or outbound low cost
rates? Groups are clearly not enough and we need a different scheme to
organize them.
In order to overcome these limitations, we have come up with
partitioning support for three modules. This mechanism allows you to
classify your gateways, destinations or string translation rules in
different, sepparate and independent partitions, while still leveraging
the common groups support.

The partitioning support has been developed by three new OpenSIPS
developers: Ionuț-Răzvan Ioniță (the dialplan module), Andrei Datcu (the
dispatcher module) and Mihai Țigănuș (the drouting module). Thank you
guys for your job, and we are waiting for new features :).

It would be really helpful if you could run some tests and help us find
any possible malfunctions/limitations. You can find the new versions in
the master branch[1], as well as the documentation for using
them[2][3][4]. Feel free to report any issues you encounter[5].

[1] https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips/
[2] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.12.x/dialplan
[3] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.12.x/dispatcher
[4] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.12.x/drouting