[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS fails on urn:service:sos RURI

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Apr 1 20:48:54 CEST 2014

Hello Anders,

I was not aware of this RFC (to be honest its approach seems odd to me
as it is over-complicating such a simple problem - generic naming for
services) . OpenSIPS is not supporting URN schema. I haven;t read the
RFC in all details to understand if a SIP proxy is required to actually
support and parse such schema or it should simply act as a blind
forwarder for it (based on OBP info). The RFC keeps mentioning:

<quote>

Since service URNs are not routable, a SIP proxy or user agent has to
    translate the service URN into a routable URI for a location-
    appropriate service provider, such as a SIP URL

</quote>

I will do more digging into this.

Best regards,