[OpenSIPS-Users] fr_timer not working properly

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 09:35:21 CEST 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:09 AM, mayamatakeshi <mayamatakeshi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> I have some servers running opensips 1.10 commit
> bfd86ab25554082053167a82655e669ca1c0ea7c
>
> I am seeing an issue in them that i cannot reproduce in other servers:
> the fr_timer is not respected.
> I set tm fr_timer=5 and use sipp to make a call and make opensips to send
> the call to an address that is not being listened by any app like
> 127.0.0.1:5010.
> In these servers, sometimes timeout happens after 6, 9, 12 seconds but
> never (so far after) 5 seconds.
> But in other machines, fr_timer is consistently respected.
> So I am trying to figure out what would be causing this.
> Does anyone have any idea of configuration of the server that could cause
> this?
> The only significant difference I see is that on the problematic servers
> corosync was installed for HA (to control opensips switchover) but I don't
> see how this could have such impact.

Just in case someone else gets into this.
We verified the problem only happens if the VM runs on a VM host using this
processor:

model name      : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6344

On the server where we have this one:

model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X5550  @ 2.67GHz

there is no problem.

Regards,