[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy-relay: kernel version problem

stephane at shimaore.net stephane at shimaore.net
Wed Nov 6 00:17:45 CET 2013

Hello,

I've been using mediaproxy for years without issues, but recently
encountered a problem when upgrading kernel version on Debian.

In recent Debian versions, /proc/sys/kernel/osrelease
(KERNEL_VERSION_FILE in media-relay) looks for example this way:

    $ cat /proc/sys/kernel/osrelease
    3.10-3-amd64

which doesn't match the format expected by the script (and causes
media-relay to fail at startup).

It seems odd that we would rely on the various distributions to gather
the kernel version, when we could use /proc/sys/kernel/version

    $ cat /proc/sys/kernel/version
    #1 SMP Debian 3.10.11-1 (2013-09-10)

which I assume contains the proper value (although maybe in a
not-so-stable format).

I'm proposing the changes described here
  https://gist.github.com/shimaore/7328080
(which first try to use the current method, then fallback to using
kernel/version) for consideration & integration by AG Projects.

S.

--
Stéphane Alnet -- Telecom Artisan. OpenSource Advocate.
Development and integration for FreeSwitch, OpenSIPS, CouchDB, Node.js.