[OpenSIPS-Users] Problem with presence_xml module Opensips 1.9

Estefania figueroa buitrago kaoru_chan0212 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 2 17:33:24 CET 2013

Hi,

At the moment I'm working in a project, in which I need to use OpenIMSCore with a presence server, so I decided to use Opensips (version 1.9).

When I tried to start it I get two errors. The first one is due to the script generated by the tool ./osipsconfig, specifically in this line:

----------------
modparam("presence|presence_xml", "db_url",
    "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips")
----------------

As you can see in the documentation, the presence_xml module doesn't include the db_url parameter anymore. It would be great if you could fix it, so the ./osipsconfig tool would not generate the script this way :).

The second error is due to the presence_xml module. I want a presence server WITHOUT XCAP and my configuration script looks like:

----------------
#### PRESENCE modules
loadmodule "presence.so"
loadmodule "presence_xml.so"

modparam("presence", "db_url",
    "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost/opensips") # CUSTOMIZE ME
modparam("presence", "server_address", "sip:x.x.x.x:5065") # CUSTOMIZE ME
modparam("presence_xml", "force_active", 1)
----------------

Here I'm just following the documentation:

force_active: Should be set to 1 if not using an xcap server

But every time I try to start Opensips I get this error:

ERROR:presence_xml:mod_init: Can't bind xcap
ERROR:core:init_mod: failed to initialize module presence_xml
ERROR:core:main: error while initializing modules

It doesn't make any sence if you read the documentation. I commented the lines involving the presence_xml module and everything worked fine, but sadly I DO need this module.

What is that due to? It's there a bug?

regards,
Estefania