[OpenSIPS-Users] Logging phone calls

Martin Pola martin at pola.org
Tue May 28 16:51:24 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm as new as one can possibly be to the world of VoIP. Despite that,
I've successfully set up an instance of OpenSIPS and I've managed to
call my phone from my tablet (with some random sip app I found on Google
Play).

The back-end my OpenSIPS is using is MySQL, and the issue I've ran into
now is logging. I want to have a table with one row per call, telling me
information about source, destination, duration etc. How can I do this
in OpenSIPS? I've found that OpenSips-CP has some sort of CDR
integration, that should work with OpenSIPS too. I've got the relevant
table(s?) up, but no calls are being added. I've added a crontab that
runs the MySQL procedure "opensips_cdrs();" every three minutes.

My suspicions are directed towards OpenSIPS. I must've missed something
very obvious. How can I make OpenSIPS collaborate its information and do
whatever is needed to get the CDR information into the table?

Kind regards,
Martin