[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] Migrating OpenSIPS to GitHub

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Mon May 20 19:38:04 CEST 2013

Hello again!

We are very proud to announce you that we have successfully migrated
OpenSIPS to a new GitHub repository[1]. The entire process went smooth
and we've also managed to keep the entire svn history.

Furthermore, in order to keep your current SVN checkouts updated, we
have also deployed a couple of scripts that push all the git commits
back in the SVN repository. This way you will be able to keep all your
repositoryes synchronized with the latest fixes.

In order to make the transition easier, we have also complied a
Migration Documentation[2], where you can find there[3] some tips on how
to move your repositories to the new URLs.

Starting from now, developers are free to push their commits upstream. A
short tutorial about Git usage can be found here[4].

According to our schedule, during the next days we will work on moving
the tracker system (bugs, patches, feature requests) to GitHub. We will
get back to you these days with announcements regarding this. Meanwhile,
you should continue using the SourceForge tracker[5] until further notice.

[1] https://github.com/OpenSIPS/opensips
[2] http://www.opensips.org/About/GitHub-Migration
[3] http://www.opensips.org/About/Git-Migration
[4] http://git-scm.com/docs/gittutorial