[OpenSIPS-Users] Standalone OpenSIPS LCR Server

Dārayavahush Khola da.khola at gmail.com
Thu May 9 16:49:37 CEST 2013

Hello Bogdan,

Thank you so much for your response. I did see that the DR module had
not notion of cost that is why I was perplexed when trying to piece
this together. My first question is, does the script have to be
external or can we somehow implement the logic using opensips script?
Processing the request using main, branch, reply route logic is much
more elegant than using cron jobs, stored procedures etc.. Not to
mention more portable.

For example, by adding a few more fields to the "dr_rules" table,
paired with opensips script to implement a cost aware OpenSIPS LCR
server? Along with dr_rules default fields (ruleid, groupid, prefix,
timerec, priority, routeid, gwlist, attrs, description), we would add:

BillingMinimum
BillIngIncrement
ListRate
RetailRate

We would use dr_groups.groupid and dr_rules.groupid to link the
different carrier to their specific routes. First off though, do we
have the flexibility of a C++ or Java  like language within OpenSIPS
script. More specifically, the use of arrays, loops, string
manipulation etc...
If so, this can all be done within the configuration file?

If this has not been attempted yet, which I am sure it has been, then
it's been a long time coming, and once implemented, I would like to
make it available to the OpenSIPS community.

Thanks in Advance,

Daryawish.