[OpenSIPS-Users] RTPProxy for users behind NAT.

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Thu May 9 14:39:08 CEST 2013

Hi, Qasim!

There are two problems with your approach: the first one is that you are
using the engage_rtp_proxy() function in a bridging mode scenario. The
behavior of this is undefined, because the rtpproxy module cannot fully
determine your scenario (for example what's the direction of the media
flow in the reply). That's why you should use the rtpproxy_offer() and
rtpproxy_answer() functions to explicitly indicate the direction in
INVITE and replies.
The second problem is that you try to change the SDP twice: first by the
fix_nated_sdp() and then by engage_rtp_proxy(). These changes confuse
OpenSIPS, who tries to apply both of them. Try to use only one. My
suggestion is to rtpproxy_offer/answer() to fix the SDP, without calling
fix_nated_sdp().

Best regards,

Razvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer