[OpenSIPS-Users] Detect failed SIP server

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 12:12:16 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have one outbound proxy and two internal SIP servers. The outbound proxy
uses the dispatcher module to detect that the two SIP servers are alive or
dead. With OpenSIPS 1.8.2 and the following setting, the outbound proxy can
detect the status of the two SIP server correctly.
modparam("dispatcher", "flags", 2) # 2: failover support is enabled
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_ping_method", "OPTIONS")
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_ping_interval", 3)
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_probing_threshhold", 3)
modparam("dispatcher", "ds_probing_mode", 1)
modparam("dispatcher", "options_reply_codes", "501, 403"),

However, with OpenSIPS-1.9.0, I find that the outbound proxy knows whether a
SIP is alive or dead after 30 seconds!
Is my setting incorrect? Can someone show how to set to make the outbound
proxy correctly know the status of a SIP server within my predefined
interval? Any help is much appreciated.

Best regards,
Chen-Che