[OpenSIPS-Users] Load Balancer module for REGISTER as well as INVITE?

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Mar 20 13:46:13 CET 2013

Hi Tuomas,

I see 2 issues in your email:

1) the front-end - I will go for a dispatcher, rather the LB -
dispatcher works for any kind of traffic, not only calls. Also
dispatcher is lighter, but not so precise (you cannot expect to have an
evenly distributed load all the time on the back servers). In regards to
the HA part, I would suggest to use a backup (or even an active-active
setup) with shared IPs between the servers (vrrp or heartbeat)

2) location stuff - what DB mode are you using for usrloc ? Also, do you
have to deal with NAT traversal on clients side ?

Best regards,