[OpenSIPS-Users] Stripping unwanted hex characters from headers

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 15:23:27 CET 2013

Greetings;

I've got a bit of an oddity. We have a TDM media convertor putting a
$00 (NUL) at the end of the Remote-Party-ID header which is killing
one of our proprietary (and unfixable) SIP stacks. For the life of me
I can't figure out how to get OpenSIPS to strip this - it appears like
the textops features don't work with a hex character like it would in,
say, perl... but I might be using the tooling completely wrong.

I've tried the following without apparent success:
if (is_present_hf("Remote-Party-ID")) {
   # Either:
   substr('/\x00//g');

   # Or:
   replace("\x00", "");
   }

Am I using this completely incorrectly? Or does OpenSIPS not work
escape hex characters in this manner? Or not at all?

My thanks for your time!

 - Jock