[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips control panel

pavel@eremina.net eremina.net at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 12:09:42 CEST 2013

Do you correctly set db_mode for usrloc?

1.3.20. db_mode (integer)

The usrloc module can utilize database for persistent contact storage. If
you use database, your contacts will survive machine restarts or SW
crashes. The disadvantage is that accessing database can be very time
consuming. Therefore, usrloc module implements four database accessing
modes:

   -

   0 - This disables database completely. Only memory will be used.
   Contacts will not survive restart. Use this value if you need a really fast
   usrloc and contact persistence is not necessary or is provided by other
   means.
   -

   1 - Write-Through scheme. All changes to usrloc are immediately
   reflected in database too. This is very slow, but very reliable. Use this
   scheme if speed is not your priority but need to make sure that no
   registered contacts will be lost during crash or reboot.
   -

   2 - Write-Back scheme. This is a combination of previous two schemes.
   All changes are made to memory and database synchronization is done in the
   timer. The timer deletes all expired contacts and flushes all modified or
   new contacts to database. Use this scheme if you encounter high-load peaks
   and want them to process as fast as possible. The mode will not help at all
   if the load is high all the time. Also, latency of this mode is much lower
   than latency of mode 1, but slightly higher than latency of mode 0.
   -

   3 - DB-Only scheme. No memory cache is kept, all operations being
   directly performed with the database. The timer deletes all expired
   contacts from database - cleans after clients that didn't un-register or
   re-register. The mode is useful if you configure more servers sharing the
   same DB without any replication at SIP level. The mode may be slower due
   the high number of DB operation. For example NAT pinging is a killer since
   during each ping cycle all nated contact are loaded from the DB; The lack
   of memory caching also disable the statistics exports.