[OpenSIPS-Users] Failover and accounting

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 12:10:14 CEST 2013

Hi all,

In my environment, I use two SIP proxy servers A and B to achieve better
performance. For failover support, if one proxy server is down, the SIP
messages will be directed to another alive proxy server. Each SIP proxy
server keeps track of the dialog information in the acc table for
accounting. From my understanding, the accounting is done based on the
requirement that the INVITE and BYE of the same dialog are handled by the
same SIP proxy server.

Suppose that an INVITE is processed by proxy server A. Then, proxy server A
is down due to some factor. Finally, the associated BYE will be directed to
and handled by proxy server B. In such a case, proxy server B will not be
able to do accounting for this dialog. Is is possible to achieve accounting
in such failover scenarios? Thanks for any comment.

Best regards,
Chen-Che