[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips default parameters

M.Khaled W Chehab kchehab at icucall.com
Sun Jun 16 22:59:47 CEST 2013

I set children=24   in opensips.cfg

Does That mean 24 *16  =384 MB and what is the suitable value for   P_MEMORY

And   -M 2048 that means all sessions will have 2048 memory only and after that it crashes ?

Memory configuration is not clear in documentation for me ,please can you simplify it by answering my question

What are the correct parameters should be in  P_MEMORY and  S_MEMORY  in order to handle 400 call per second and 1000 connected call 
Or what’s the formula to calculate the cpu and memory usage

/usr/local/opensips/sbin/opensips -M 8 -m 2048
Opensips.cfg
debug=1
log_stderror=no
log_facility=LOG_LOCAL7
log_name="opensips"
fork=yes
children=24

cat /etc/default/opensips
# OpenSIPS startup options
#
# Set to yes to enable opensips, once configured properly.
RUN_OPENSIPS=yes
# User to run as
USER=root
# Group to run as
GROUP=root
# Amount of shared memory to allocate for the running OpenSIPS server (in Mb)
S_MEMORY=256
# Amount of pkg memory to allocate for the running OpenSIPS server (in Mb)
P_MEMORY=16
DUMP_CORE=no