[OpenSIPS-Users] Reception of "100 Trying" doesn't cancel tm fr_timer

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 04:49:43 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM, mayamatakeshi <mayamatakeshi at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
> we are using opensips 1.6 r. 7055 under CentOS 5.3 x86_64 and this works
> fine on several machines.
> I am tasked with preparing upgrade to CentOS 6.4 x86_64 so I have prepared
> a Virtual Machine to run this OS,  installed opensips and used the same
> opensips.cfg .
>
> However, I am seeing the following issue: reception of "100 Trying"
> doesn't cancel module tm fr_timer but if other provisional responses like
> "180 Ringing" is received, fr_timer is canceled.
> I am sure the "100 Trying" is received by opensips because it doesn't
> retransmit the INVITE.

Sorry, by mistake I looked at the wrong capture. Indeed, opensips is
retransmitting the INVITE. But checking Call-ID, from-tag and Via headers,
they match and so, opensips should not do retransmission. It seems somehow
it is ignoring the "100 Trying".

So to further investigate I enabled debug with "opensipsctl fifo debug 4"
(instead of default debug 0), but surprisingly, now opensips accepts the
"180 Trying"  (doesn't retransmit the INVITE) and fr_timer is canceled.
I tested several times and just by switching debug off and on is enough to
cause the problem to appear/disappear.

> Everything else seems to be fine.
>
> Does anyone has any idea why this could be happening?
> Also, to confirm I have prepared 3 CentOS 6.4 x86_64 VMs, but in one of
> them the problem doesn't happen but I don't know why this is so as i
> compared the packages installed (yum list installed) and they are all the
> same, including version numbers.

Also, on the machine where the problem doesn't manifest itself, it is the
opposite:
if I enable debug with "opensipsctl fifo debug 4", fr_timer fails to be
canceled by "100 Trying".