[OpenSIPS-Users] New usage for the ratelimit rl_check function

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Tue Jul 2 11:14:12 CEST 2013

Hi, Ximena!

If that's the desired behavior, then you are not using the proper
rate-limiting algorithm. According to the documentation[1]:
"At the start of each interval an internal counter is reset and
incremented for each incoming message."

I think you are looking for the RED algorithm[2], which considers the
average load on the previous period.

[1] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.9.x/ratelimit.html#id249276
[2] http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.9.x/ratelimit.html#id249295

Best regards,