[OpenSIPS-Users] An error exists in recording the number of ongoing sessions at RTP Proxies

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:55:54 CET 2013

Hi all,

In my environment, I have one outbound proxy, two proxy servers and two RTP
proxies. The outbound proxy uses ds_select_dst() to dispatch SIP requests to
the two proxy servers. When receiving an INVITE request, a proxy server
runs a round-robin algorithm to select an RTP proxy for relaying audio/video
packets. A proxy server keeps track of the
numbers of ongoing sessions served by the two RTP proxies. Normally, suppose
that a proxy server receives 10 INVITE
requests, it will have (5, 5) that means each RTP proxy is serving 5
sessions.

However, when an RTP proxy is suddently disconnected, the numbers of ongoing
sessions associated with RTP proxies may go wrong (not always, please refer
to the attached log). A normal message is shown below.

SIP server 2:
New call from Caller: 10138 to Callee: 10139 --> 33th received INVITE
packets
Try RTP proxy 1 with ongoing calls: 16
Select RTP proxy: 1
RTP proxies (1, 2) with ongoing calls: (17, <null>)

I used SIPp to simulate multiple concurrent calls to encounter such an
issue.
In addition to the attached log, I give the corresponding processing code of
my script.
Please help me solve this problem. Thanks so much.

Code
<http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/file/n7584841/Code>
Error_log
<http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/file/n7584841/Error_log>