[OpenSIPS-Users] add sdp on 180 Ringing and play file as ringback tone

Daniel Goepp dan at goepp.net
Tue Feb 12 23:56:40 CET 2013

Although I do not believe it is technically a violation of the RFC, it is
not recommended best practice, and would be a rare implementation.  The
most common way to support ringback (early media) is with a 183 w/SDP
session progress.

For a little more information:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/180_vs._183_vs._Early_Media

Of course some googling will give you tons more opinions about ring back
and early media.

-dg