[OpenSIPS-Users] REGISTER reply > MTU size?

Pauba, Kevin L KLPauba at west.com
Thu Feb 7 18:08:06 CET 2013

I'm replacing an existing proxy with OpenSIPs and I have one known problem yet to overcome.

Several hundred clients register with the proxy so that the proxy can load balance calls between them (based on q-value).   The clients use one of a set of different AORs based on their type/capabilities.
I'm running into a problem where the reply from the registration requests contain the contact addresses of ALL of the clients registered under the same AOR - it's getting truncated at the client and rejected (since the last contact isn't complete and is recognized by the client as an invalid SIP URI).

I haven't looked closely enough to determine whether it's being truncated by the network or if the buffer on the client isn't large enough - the result is the same, though (I suspect that it's the client buffer as the truncated messages are 4000 bytes long and larger than the MTU on the client).

I understand that OpenSIPs is operating in a manner that's compliant with the RFCs and that the client might, indeed, be the real problem.  Unfortunately, I can't modify the client and would like to work around the problem on the proxy side.

Short of modifying the registrar module's reply.c file, it there some way I can get the reply (sent by the module's exported save() function) to include only the client's contact information (and not the entire list)?

Thanks in advance!