[OpenSIPS-Users] Distributed dialogs broken

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Tue Feb 5 09:34:56 CET 2013

Hello All,
I'm trying to use distributed dialogs with memcache and it appears to be
broken. I've tested in both 1.8.2 and 1.9

Namely, I'm setting these three params:
modparam("dialog", "profile_value_prefix", "custv1234567890")
modparam("dialog", "profile_no_value_prefix", "custn1234567890")
modparam("dialog", "profile_size_prefix", "custs1234567890")

It appears that the dialog module is truncating these prefixes somewhat
randomly when they are long. When they are short, there are nulls. It
appears that it has to be an exact size or it just won't work.

When setting the prefixes above, this is what I see in memcache when I hit
a shared profile called trunkgroup:

get custs1234trunkgroup .
incr custv123trunkgroup_NQ== 1. (RETURNS NOT FOUND ERROR)
set custv123trunkgroup_NQ== 0 86400 1.
incr custs1234trunkgroup 1. (RETURNS NOT FOUND ERROR)
set custs1234trunkgroup 0 86400 1.

decr custv123trunkgroup_NQ== 1.
decr custs1234trunkgroup 1.

It appears to be working, however, my prefix appears to be truncated to 9
characters for profile size and 8 characters for profiles with values. Am I
doing something wrong here?

Also I read something about an extra space breaking this method, especially
when the profile counts change from a 2 digit number to a single digit
number (because the retrieved string value contains a string space in it
and cannot be converted to an INT). Does anyone know if this has been
addressed?

Thanks!
-Brett