[OpenSIPS-Users] Failover and dialog termination

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Feb 4 18:50:35 CET 2013

Hi Chen-Che,

On 02/02/2013 03:52 AM, microx wrote:
> Hi Bogdan-Andrei,
>
> Regarding the problem you mentioned, it can be resolved in my case (refer to
> my previous
> post  ).
Not so sure - as I said,  by fixing the calleX_sock columns you make
OpenSIPS able to handle calls from the other instance, but still it does
not make the calls (from other server) to be routed to your machine (as
they are record-routed with the IP of the other server).

> I'm very interested in your suggested solution. To achieve what you mention,
> how should I set in
> the opensips.cfg. I should "listen=IP1&  listen=IP2" on the same machine? I
> have tried that both
> the two servers were set to listen on its IP and the other's IP, but only
> one server start successfully.
> So I am not sure how to implement your solution in terms of opensips.cfg.
> Many thanks for your help.
To make opensips happy and start (even if one of the IPs does not exists
at that moment), I suggest to set it as a fake/dummy IP which cannot
route traffic, blocked from IP tables , just to allow opensips to bind
on it.