[OpenSIPS-Users] memory consumed by t_relay

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Apr 29 14:34:02 CEST 2013

Hello Chen-Che,

A SIP transaction is a requests plus all its replied (provisional and
final) - the TM module automatically frees all transactions when they
complete (got a final reply or they timeout).

Via statistics you can see how many ongoing transactions you have in
memory "opensipsctl fifo get_statistics tm:" - the "in_used" value.

The memory may be exhausted because you have too many transactions in
mem (processing rate is slower than the receiving rate).

In regards to memory troubleshooting, also take a look at
http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/TroubleShooting-OutOfMem